Diego Rivera : A Newly Discovered Uncataloged Artwork?
The purpose of this site is three-fold, to gather further details about its origin, to obtain information supporting its authenticity and to assemble a list of potentially interested bidders should the work be auctioned via this site.
- Subject: Mother Delousing Child
- Media: Wash and Dry Brush with 6 values (black/gray) on colored board (typical of Rivera's work in late 1920's and early 1930's).
- Board Size: 31.6"(w) x 25.0"(h).
- Subject Size: 27.3"(w) x 21"(h).
- Pencil Signature: "Diego Rivera '31", front left bottom of art.
Subject may have been an illustration to be used in a possible incorporation of a Rockefeller comissioned mural.
While "Mother's" head is a little more bulky than most of Rivera's work, other "bulky" heads can be observed in late 20's and early 30's work.
If you have any information or comments, or wish to register as an interested bidder when this artwork is eventually auctioned please respond to: